Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Who is the new Kato?

The only reason I care about the upcoming Green Hornet movie is because of the Green Hornet's sidekick, Kato. I could care less about Seth Rogen. If he turns out to great I'll eat my words. Anyway, Stephen Chow had originally been cast as Kato, but dropped out a few weeks ago. Now, according to The Playlist some Asian news outlets have announced that Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo is in talks to step in and take the part.

Admittedly I've never seen him in anything, but Kwon has done martial arts in movies before (Volcano High, Once Upon a Time in High School), and he had a good audition for the role. If Kwon is cast then "this would make the third Korean heartthrob, following Lee Byeong-Heon and his role in G.I. Joe and Rain in Ninja Assassin, to take a stab at Hollywood this year." [Twitch]

I was pretty disappointed when Stephen Chow dropped out because he was the only draw for me. Sorry, even though I can sometimes be a Seth Rogen apologist, he does actually annoy me from time to time, and I don't like any films Michel Gondry has directed (this includes Eternal Sunshine). There, I said it. Now though, there isn't any time for disappointment. The Green Hornet is set for a July 2010 release so they better cast Kato like yesterday.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment