Thursday, July 9, 2009

Justin Timberlake being considered for The Green Lantern?

I always seem to get my WTF news from The Movie Blog. It's an unconfirmed rumor at this point (read: BULLSHIT), but word is that Justin Timberlake was screen tested for The Green Lantern. This doesn't make it a done deal, but the idea of someone seriously considering him to play Hal Jordon just makes me slightly depressed.

He makes pretty decent music as a solo artist, I will admit to being a huge *NSYNC fangirl, and he's funny dressed as an omlette/Beyonce back-up dancer on SNL. But he was wooden as all get out in Alpha Dog and Samuel L. Jackson and Christina Ricci are what made Black Snake Moan. Actually, if I'm going to be honest, he was just plain fucking irritating in Alpha Dog . He's wooden at best as a supporting actor (I can't remember where I heard this, but he's been described as an actor who loiters onscreen). He's not an outright terrible actor, but this man cannot and should not be permitted to carry a potential blockbuster film at this point in his acting career. Sure, this is a step up from Jack Black, but barely.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment