Friday, July 17, 2009

Could Russell Crowe star in another Master and Commander movie?


This might be the best news I've heard all day. The Associated Press announced that Russell Crowe is in the early stages of negotiations to play sea captain Jack Aubrey in a new Master and Commander film.

According to Crowe there are still negotiations taking place over the rights of the novels and the script will be based mainly on the eleventh book of the late Patrick O'Brian's 20 novel series - The Reverse of the Medal. All 20 books are set during the Napoleonic Wars. Apparently, the script has already been penned, but discussions are still at an early stage. The Reverse of the Medal, which was published in 1986, is partially set in the Caribbean (fingers crossed that they shoot somewhere near where I live).

I really loved the original Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, and I've sort of been expecting (or maybe hoping for) another film. I admittedly didn't love it the first time I saw it in theaters, but I fell in love with it after I got to see it again. I've probably seen it six times by now, and hopefully Paul Bettany is cast because he was the best thing about the film. It has become one of my favorite films of 2003, and I think it's about time they made another one.

There is no word on when shooting begins.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment