Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Shia LaBeouf says 'Indiana Jones' sequel is happening and I ask WHY?!



Okay, so most of us saw this coming because Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull made a gazillion dollars, and was the second highest grossing film of 2008 (it was beaten only by The Dark Knight). Shia LaBeouf did an interview with the BBC to promote Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, but also got around to some Indy news as well:

"Steven [Spielberg] just said that he cracked a story on it before I left and I think they're gearing that up." He doesn't say much else, except that there are "definitely no special effects in that movie," but it's enough of an update to remind us that this is indeed coming soon, whether you like it or not. [FirstShowing]

I actually kind of liked Crystal Skull (vine swinging with monkeys and all), but even the most die-hard fan of that film will admit the film was heavily flawed. It's the sort of film you love in spite of the flaws. I liked Crystal Skull, I liked the actors, I have a thing for Shia LaBeouf, but as of now, I am not excited about this. If Crystal Skull is the best we are going to get (and I suspect it is), then the true greatness of Indiana Jones will be a thing of the past and we'll have to settle for a fun, but slightly above mediocre spectacle of a film. Why can't they just let it die?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment