Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Writer gives 'Public Enemies' his blessing

Today is a slow news day, and since I'm in the process of moving this week, for the first time in 7 years (and to the apartment above mine, no less), I've got next to nothing entertaining to write about, except some Public Enemies news and a new photo featuring Depp as Dillinger via EW:



Bryan Burrough, writer of the book Public Enemies is based on, is impressed with Michael Mann's work on the upcoming film. He hasn't seen the film yet, but from his experience as an extra on the Public Enemies set, he thinks the film will be good:

"Johnny Depp goes down on the same exact piece of pavement that John Dillinger went down on," Burrough said in a phone interview from his home in Summit, N.J. "To see what (director Michael) Mann had done with the period costumes, the period automobiles, everything looking as everything must have looked. For someone who put five years into writing about that, it just kind of gave you chills."

Not that he can yet be sure: Burrough said he hasn't been able to make any of the early screenings.

"I don't know what to expect. I assume, you know, it's a big Johnny Depp movie opening on July 4 (weekend)," he said. "I assume an awful lot of people will go see it. I assume given the people that have made this movie, I assume it's going to be pretty darn good. And I assume that I am going to go to be tickled to death."[Carrie Antlfinger: Associated Press]


Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment