Thursday, March 5, 2009

Casting news: Dakota Fanning joins 'The Runaways', Megan Fox proves she's a comic book nerd, and Leonardo DiCaprio teams up with Chris Nolan

From Variety: Dakota Fanning is in talks to play Cherie Currie, the lead singer of The Runaways - the first truly famous all-girl rock band from the 1970s. Dakota's co-star from New Moon, Kirsten Stewart has already signed on to play Joan Jett. Dakota Fanning is 15, and the same age Currie was when she started out with The Runaways. Admittedly, I have my doubts about the casting. I like Fanning and Stewart, but I just don't know how much weight and strength they could bring to these real life characters. When the rest of the band is cast, we'll get a much fuller picture of where the project is headed. The Runaways is being written and directed by Floria Sigismondi, who I have high hopes for considering her enormous talent as a music video director (just watch Fionna Apple's O' Sailor or Christina Aguilera's Fighter).



Megan Fox has signed on to star in not one, but two comic book adaptations - Jonah Hex and Fathom. Just call her the Carrie Fisher for a new generation of geeks. First, she's signed on to play Leila, the gunslinging love interest to Oscar nominee (I just love being able to write that) Josh Brolin's anti-hero in Jonah Hex. In the adaptation of Michael Turner's comic book, Fathom, Fox plays Aspen, a young woman who is discovered at sea and later learns she is a member of an aquatic race of humanoids who can control water. Um...okay then; nobody will be watching either film to see Megan Fox act and I doubt there will even be a reason to have a costume department. I have my own girl crushes (Kerry, Penelope, Emily), but Ms. Fox has never done it for me. It would be cruel to deprive you of photos though, so I'll oblige:



And finally: Leonardo DiCaprio will star in Inception, helmed by my one true love Chris Nolan. If you want to know more about the film, there's basically nothing I can give you. All anyone knows is that Inception is a sci-fi action movie that takes place in the architecture of the mind. Sounds like utter Greek to me, but I will watch anything Nolan directs or DiCaprio stars in. The combined forces of these two is just impossible not to get excited about. The film will open July 16, 2010.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment