Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Adrien Brody signs on to Predators


I don't know if Adrien Brody should fire his agent. Or maybe he should kiss his agent - I've posted about the guy twice in one week. Or maybe the casting people should be fired. Or maybe this is a genius bit of casting. As in maybe somebody is trying their hand at irony. Some folks are not exactly pleased, but whatever, I'll be on the side of liking the casting. Maybe because I've never watched a single Predator film and now Adrien Brody has given me a reason to care about this crappy looking franchise. This description of the odd casting made me lol:

Schwarzenegger he ain't, and I don't know if that had anything to do with the decision, but...wow...I don't want to say Brody's thin or anything, but I understand to get him on location in Hawaii to begin shooting the film, producers are just going to fax him to the islands. [Get the Big Picture]

My being a Brody fangirl aside, I would seriously consider writing the dude an open letter. His film choices have been fucking all over the place since he won that well deserved Oscar for The Pianist. Some have been decent to good even though they've crashed and burned at the box office (The Darjeeling Limited, Cadillac Records, The Brothers Bloom, and The Fantastic Mr. Fox looks decent), but some of the choices have been pretty bad. The Village made me want to gouge my eyes out and WTF was King Kong? Yes, I know it's good to have a huge film on your filmography especially with all the smaller pictures, but that shit was nearly unforgivable. Why do I get the feeling that this Predators business is going to be like Kong all over again?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment